It has been a very long time since I have posted anything. Hopefully, someone out there will love this idea project. It is a great way to cut costs for outdoor parties or even weddings. With the heat still staying strong in Southern California is seems at though outdoor parties are still a “hot” topic. I found this idea from another blog here.
The materials you will need are:
- Soy wax flakes. These are commonly used in making scented candles and are sold in craft stores or Amazon. You can use other wax, but soy is affordable, typically has a longer burn time than other waxes and has some other beneficial qualities (all-natural, renewable, etc.).
- Canning jars. You can purchased a dozen 8 ounce jars from Wal Mart for around $8.
- Wicks and Tabs. You can find these on Amazon, eBay and at your craft stores. You’ll want your wicks to be a bit longer than your candle holder is tall.
The tools you will need are:
- Scissors:For cutting the wicks to size
- Double Boiler: For melting the wax. I don’t have an actual double boiler, so I just get a large pot, fill it about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way with water, and then nest a slightly smaller pot inside.
- A Pouring Device: I just used a pyrex measuring cup.
- Protective Gloves: We’ll be using boiling water and hot wax, so you want to keep you hands safe.
Still want more insturctions. Check out the link to the blog above.
Enjoy your new found candle making skills.