End of Summer BBQ and Movie Night
Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to wrap up summer with a party. Hosting a BBQ and movie night is a simple party that is fun for all ages. Here are a few tips to help you plan a Labor Day party.
Start Planning now:
- Start preparing your menu. Keep it simple, hot dogs and hamburgers, salad, chips and drinks.
- Compile your guest list and pick a movie.
- Pick the location to set up your movie screen. Make sure to choose a location that is not near any lights that could affect the brightness of the movie, such as house lights or street lamps.
- Send out your BBQ and movie themed invitations.
- Gather the items you will need to play the movie: the screen, extension cords, speakers, computer and projector.
Day of the party:
- Purchase the remainder of the food.
- Set up for the movie.
- Use tiki torches, lanterns and other soft lighting to make a pathway back to the house. Maybe add some small American Flags between each light as well.
- Lay out red, white & blue colored pillows and blankets for the kids and chairs for the adults.
- Set up your food table. The key is to make your food table both festive and functional making everything have a dual purpose. Have fun shaped bowls (maybe shaped like stars) and apothecary jars filled with food and candy. The secret to a well-designed table is making it have different heights, boxes of pasta covered with tablecloths works well. Don’t forget to add some American Flags too.
- About a ½ hour before the movie start popping the popcorn. Plan for about ¼ cup uncooked popcorn per person.
- Light some citronella candles and tape some dryer sheets under your food tables to keep bugs at bay.
Now it is time to appreciate what you have created and wait for guest to arrive.
Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
Simply Radiant Events is one of the most popular wedding and event planners Orange County, California. For more information, pricing, and availability drop us a line using our online inquiry form. We’ll follow-up promptly and look forward to speaking with you!
Simply Radiant Events is an Southern California based premier full service special event planning company and boutique events public relations firm. We are one of a kind with
combining both an event planning company and PR firm in the luxury wedding, events and lifestyle industries. We plan, coordinate and design weddings, social, corporate and fundraising events and also provide public relations to leverage and promote your event. We offer a valuable service to our clients with professional advice and experience that will help streamline the process, save money and create a dynamic experience resulting in memories that will last a lifetime.